What the resurrection means (at the very least)…
- That Jesus was/is the Christ, the Messiah
- That love really does win
- (Relatedly) That evil, death, and violence do not have the last word
- That doubt on Saturday is a part of life, but can give way to faith on Sunday
- That God is almost always unexpected
- That life with God is not just a resuscitated life, but a resurrected life—simultaneously a part of our current existence but radically reordered
- That wide-eyed wonder—and even a mild freak out—is a perfectly acceptable reaction to God’s work
- That I’m not “stuck” where I’m at; I can grow and change
- That God hasn’t abandoned humanity or this world
- Consequently, there is work to be done. Redemptive, resurrection work.
- That whenever I—or you—think “this is really all there is”, I’m wrong; that life and possibility can spring up in the deepest darkness
He’s alive, folks. Let’s dig in, drink up, and roll up our sleeves.